New and improved design! The Beans Diesel Bean Machine multi function sump (supply/return into one). What we have done at Beans Diesel Bean Machine is step up the tank sump a notch. Made from 6061 Billet aluminum, this guy is built like a tank and is super simple to install just like the previous Beans Diesel Bean Machine sump. While still using a no tank-drop design, we have made this sump so it will install with a single bolt and a single 3" hole in your tank. This means less places to leak and much quicker install. All of our tank sumps come with a 3" hole saw, (so no extra trips to the hardware store), and all stainless hardware. The single O-ring design creates the perfect seal insuring you have zero leaks. We designed our -8 fitting to use a Viton O-ring to ensure leak free connections. Our fittings can be used with a quick disconnect fitting or a pushlock fitting. The Beans Diesel Bean Machine sump displays a whole new way of thinking.
- Single outlet setup
- For your higher horse power trucks, dual outlet to get the extra fuel needed
- Uses all available fuel from the tank. No issues with sucking air when below ¼ tank. Perfect for use with today's high flow lift pump systems. (Airdog, FASS, etc)
- Stand pipe cut into the inside of the sump to reduce the amount of sediments that get to your filter system.
- Drain Plug for future tank servicing or sediment draining.
- Single bolt design that allows for 5 minute install. A single bolt offers less chances for leaks than tanks sumps using multiple bolts drilled into the tank.
- Stainless Steel hardware and QDC/pushlock fitting provided.
- Comes with 3” hole saw to make the only hole needed in your tank for install.
- Inner ring designed to go through the 3” hole so tank does not need to be dropped.
- O-ring design for a perfect seal.
- Super strong 1 piece machined billet design.
- Can be installed on any fuel tank with an available 4” diameter flat area
- DESIGNED AND MANUFACTURED AT OUR FACILITY, IN THE USA!!!
- Sump Body
- Sump Pacman
- 3" Hole Saw
- Stainless Steel Bolt
- Sealing Washer
- (2) -8 O-Ring Boss (ORB) to 1/2" QDC/Push-lock Fittings (With O-Ring)
- (1) -8 O-Ring Boss (ORB) Plug For Sumps (With O-Ring)
- Stainless Steel Plug Fitting
If you are looking to install a FASS fuel system, Air Dog fuel pump, or any other aftermarket fuel system, you will find through your research that many past and present customers are complaining of noise and quarter tank issues.
Let's cover the quarter tank issue first. These quarter tank problems are caused by the draw straw often supplied with these kits. A draw straw is a tube that is fed through the top of the fuel tank that attaches to the suction line going to your aftermarket fuel system. The draw straw is located wherever you drill the hole, but the only available spots to drill into your factory diesel fuel tank are flexible spots. So as you drive, the fuel tank is flexing. When you go around a sharp corner with a quarter tank of fuel, the draw straw can swing away from where gravity takes the fuel. This causes the fuel system to suck in air and acts like your truck is running out of fuel. The truck will die, but once you pull over and the fuel settles, the truck will start again. It's not only annoying, but also dangerous because your power steering stops working when the engine shuts down, brakes also become sketchy. Noise is another common complaint associated with aftermarket fuel systems.
What causes the fuel pump to make so much noise? Strain, the harder the pump has to work, the more noise it is going to make. When the fuel system is trying to suck fuel vertically through a draw straw it's going to cause that fuel pump to work harder. Therefore, more noise is going to be the result. Some of these aftermarket diesel lift pumps utilize the factory draw straw which is very small in diameter. If the fuel system you have purchased is running 1/2" or 5/8" and the factory draw straw is only 5/16" then you have a massive restriction in the fuel flow. This is always going to cause the fuel pump to run harder and louder.
The Beans Diesel Bean Machine Fuel Sump is designed to fix all of these issues. By pulling fuel from the bottom of the tank rather than the top, you are taking a lot of strain off the fuel pump, allowing it to operate much quieter and you will never have to worry about quarter tank issues again! Another added bonus to the Beans Diesel Bean Machine fuel sump, is the simple fact that you no longer need to drop the fuel tank to install your aftermarket fuel system. You simply drill a hole in the bottom of the tank, clean out any shavings and install the sump. Minimal tools are required and it shaves about 3 hours off your install time.
If you have read on the forums that these sumps can get knocked off or pulled from the tank, we assure you, no parts manufactured by Beans Diesel Bean Machine are released without rigorous testing first. We sent a handful of these sumps to customers all over the country in different climates to make sure our installation was simple and to ensure our product can stand up to their rugged life styles. If the hard working loggers in the Rocky Mountains of the Northwest can hammer up and down gruesome dirt roads day in and day out with our sumps installed, then we are pretty sure you aren't going to knock our sump off driving to and from work each day. Desert racing you say, we've put our sumps through that too. Imagine a 7,000 pound diesel truck sailing off the top of a sand dune and crashing down in the rocks and sage brush cruising at a cool 90 miles per hour. We have seen these fuel sumps so destroyed they are barely recognizable.... still no leaks. Don't be fooled by keyboard ninjas. We assure you our diesel fuel sump is up to the task. Whatever you can throw at it, it will do the job it was intended as long as you follow our step by step instructions and take care when centering the hole in the preformed hub in the bottom of your tank.
- Beans Diesel
- In Stock & Ready To Ship!
- Cummins - 2013-2019 6.7L 24V Cummins - Fuel System
- Cummins - 2010-2012 6.7L 24V Cummins - Fuel System
- Cummins - 2007.5-2009 6.7L 24V Cummins - Fuel System
- Cummins - 2004.5-2007 5.9L 24V Cummins - Fuel System
- Cummins - 2003-2004 5.9L 24V Cummins - Fuel System
- Cummins - 1998.5-2002 5.9L 24V Cummins - Fuel System
- Cummins - 1994-1998 5.9L 12V Cummins - Fuel System
- Cummins - 1989-1993 5.9L 12V Cummins - Fuel System
- Duramax - 2015.5-2016 6.6L LML Duramax - Fuel System
- Duramax - 2011-2015 6.6L LML Duramax - Fuel System
- Duramax - 2007.5-2010 6.6L LMM Duramax - Fuel System
- Duramax - 2006-2007 6.6L LBZ Duramax - Fuel System
- Duramax - 2004.5-2005 6.6L LLY Duramax - Fuel System
- Duramax - 2001-2004 6.6L LB7 Duramax - Fuel System
- Duramax - 1994-2000 GM 6.5L (Non-Duramax) - Fuel System
- Powerstroke - 2015-2016 6.7L Powerstroke - Fuel System
- Powerstroke - 2011-2014 6.7L Powerstroke - Fuel System
- Powerstroke - 2008-2010 6.4L Powerstroke - Fuel System
- Powerstroke - 2003-2007 6.0L Powerstroke - Fuel System
- Powerstroke - 1999-2003 7.3L Powerstroke - Fuel System
- Powerstroke - 1994-1997 7.3L Powerstroke - Fuel System
- Accessories - Performance - Fuel System
- Weekly Deals
- Item Requires Shipping
- 10.0 lbs.
- FREE Ground Shipping
Total Reviews (1)
- Currently 4/5 Stars
Reviewed by: Loyal03/30/2018 12:00AM
Purchased from: Rudy's Performance Parts
Good quality decently simple to install for a garage man , get ya one !
You must login to post a review.