Morimoto H8 2Stroke 3.0 LED Light Bulbs With Low & High Beams 5700K
Morimoto H8 2Stroke 3.0 LED Light Bulbs With Low & High Beams 5700K
BENCHMARK: Over the course of the last year, the Society of Automotive Engineers along with Tier 1 and Tier 2 suppliers have been carving out a new standard that defines what an industry-accepted LED headlight bulb would look like. While they have been hard at work creating what's now known as SAE J3145: Morimoto was hard at work taking notes and more importantly; developing a product in parallel. While LED bulbs still aren't DOT approved for use in headlights in the states-- if and when the time comes, the new 2Stroke 3.0 is already built according to the right recipe. For now, foreign markets and fog light users can enjoy the best LED headlight bulb available today!
SUPERIOR BEAM QUALITY: The advanced PCB technology at the core of the 2Stroke 3.0 sets a new industry benchmark emission surface interval of just 2.4mm total. The PCB core itself is just 1.0mm thick. The dielectric layer: 300um. The circuit pattern: 140um, and the Philips Lumileds Luxeon Z LED chips: just .59mm each. Paired with the tight light-emitting surface area of the LEDs: this adds up to a total cubic volume of 4.46mm. At the end of the day, no LED bulb in the world more closely simulates the filament size of an incandescent bulb more accurately than the Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0--and for those in the know, this is critical when it comes to proper beam distribution.
OPTIMIZED FOCAL LENGTH: Each size in the 2Stroke 3.0 lineup has been painstakingly optimized for proper output in its designated application. The critical reference distance has been calculated based on the geometry of the bulb base and the footprint of the Osram HKL emitter. To ensure consistency, special tools were designed to quality-control the accuracy of each bulb as it comes off the production line. Most other LED light bulbs on the market use a 'set it and forget it' reference distance across all sizes in the series, which is not the case here.
360 DEGREES OF ROTATION: The 2Stroke 3.0 LED bulbs feature a fully adjustable base. In order to fully utilize the optical facets in any reflector or projector: The light emitting diodes must face the 3-o-clock and 9-o-clock positions. Since no single standard exists across different headlight and fog light assemblies, all bulbs in the 2Stroke 3.0 range are fully adjustable. A geared step rotational adjuster mechanism is installed for all bulbs which twist-to-lock, offering adjustability in 15-degree intervals. An omni-adjustable rotation mechanism is utilized on all bulbs that are press-fit or clip into the housing.
THERMAL MANAGEMENT: Once the bulb is installed, the high-speed fan contained within is completely sealed, making the 2Stroke 3.0 the first actively cooled LED bulb with a fan that's not susceptible to outside elements. Their unique internal circulation cooling system uses a 12,000-rpm cyclone fan to suck cool air into the body of the bulb and blow warm air out, back into the housing. On the intake side, cold air is sucked in past the sidewall of the PCB to exchange heat and is blown out the opposite side of the bulb. This effectively cools the bulb while warming the ambient temperature inside of the housing, increasing resistance to snow/ice buildup on the lens during the winter months. The cooling system on the 2Stroke 3.0 not only does it's job to protect the longevity of the bulb, but serves up a bad-weather benefit not found elsewhere.
DRL DRIVE: The LED Driver is configured to accept a wide range of input voltage, making them compatible with low voltage daytime running lights commonly found on modern vehicles. When the LED driver detects 6-9V of input: The system logic automatically switches to produce just 30% of the standard output. The low power drive rate of 250mA produces only 460lm per emitter and enables the 2Stroke 3.0 to produce a suitably low output volume as a daytime running light. In this mode, the cooling fan also shuts off to conserve power/lifespan. For vehicles with a PWM-based DRL signal, an inline PWM module that produces a clean DC6V will be required. The driver is completely potted, making it completely weather-proof. Note that the DRL-Drive function is only for use in non-US markets.
- LED BULBS: 2x Morimoto 2Stroke 3.0 (H8)
- LED DRIVERS: 2x Morimoto 2S3 w/ DRL Drive
- WIRING: H8 Plug n Play Inputs
- WARRANTY: Three Years
- BASE/FITMENT: H8
- APPLICATION: HID and LED bulbs are street legal in the USA for Fog Light use only. Not compliant with DOT / FMVSS108 and not street legal in the USA for Headlights. Legal for off-road use in Snowmobile and ATV headlights and off-road racing use only auxiliary or forward lighting. International street legality varies by country. For detailed clarification on street use, CLICK HERE Note: This usage regulation is not unique to Morimoto bulbs. All LED and HID bulbs from all other brands, regardless of marketing claims, are prohibited from street use in halogen headlights in the USA.
- HOMOLOGATION ECE: NO
- DOT/SAE/FVMSS108: NO (NOT STREET LEGAL IN HEADLIGHTS IN USA)
- NORMAL INPUT RANGE: 9V-16V
- DRL DRIVE INPUT RANGE: 6-9V
- NORMAL DRIVE RATE: 790mA
- DRL DRIVE INPUT RANGE: 250mA
- POWER CONSUMPTION: 22W
- PEAK LUMENS: 2,600lm @ 25C
- LED CHIPS: Osram Oslon Black Flat S (KW HKL531.TE)
- PCB WIDTH: <2mm (including LEDs)
- KELVIN: 5500K (pure white)
- DRL TRIGGER: <6V
- DRL INTENSITY: 30% (780lm)
- BODY: Diecast 6061 Aluminum
- FINISH: Electroplated
- Cummins - 2013-2021 6.7L 24V Cummins - LED Bulbs
- Cummins - 2010-2012 6.7L 24V Cummins - LED Bulbs
- Cummins - 2007.5-2009 6.7L 24V Cummins - LED Bulbs
- Cummins - 2004.5-2007 5.9L 24V Cummins - LED Bulbs
- Cummins - 2003-2004 5.9L 24V Cummins - LED Bulbs
- Cummins - 1998.5-2002 5.9L 24V Cummins - LED Bulbs
- Cummins - 1994-1998 5.9L 12V Cummins - LED Bulbs
- Cummins - 1989-1993 5.9L 12V Cummins - LED Bulbs
- Duramax - 2015.5-2016 6.6L LML Duramax - LED Bulbs
- Duramax - 2011-2015 6.6L LML Duramax - LED Bulbs
- Duramax - 2007.5-2010 6.6L LMM Duramax - LED Bulbs
- Duramax - 2006-2007 6.6L LBZ Duramax - LED Bulbs
- Duramax - 2004.5-2005 6.6L LLY Duramax - LED Bulbs
- Duramax - 2001-2004 6.6L LB7 Duramax - LED Bulbs
- Duramax - 1994-2000 GM 6.5L (Non-Duramax) - LED Bulbs
- Powerstroke - 2015-2016 6.7L Powerstroke - LED Bulbs
- Powerstroke - 2011-2014 6.7L Powerstroke - LED Bulbs
- Powerstroke - 2008-2010 6.4L Powerstroke - LED Bulbs
- Powerstroke - 2003-2007 6.0L Powerstroke - LED Bulbs
- Powerstroke - 1999-2003 7.3L Powerstroke - LED Bulbs
- Powerstroke - 1994-1997 7.3L Powerstroke - LED Bulbs
- EcoDiesel - 2014-2018 Ram 1500 3.0L EcoDiesel - LED Bulbs
- Accessories - Lighting - LED Bulbs
- LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs|LED Bulbs
- Item Requires Shipping
- 10.0 lbs.
- FREE Ground Shipping
Total Reviews (0)
Write the First Review!
You must login to post a review.
Generally, parts which alter or modify the original design or performance of a motor vehicle pollution control device or system are NOT LEGAL FOR SALE OR USE IN CALIFORNIA or other states with similar regulations. Such aftermarket parts are subject to governmental emissions standards regulated by the California Air Resources Board (CARB). In order for such parts to be legal for sale or use in the State of California, or other states with similar regulations, the part must acquire a CARB EO number so as to make it legal for use on a specific year/make/model of vehicle. CARB approved parts will include a sticker containing the CARB EO number. This sticker must be displayed in a visible location in the vehicle's engine bay for smog inspections. Any order placed for a non-CARB compliant part to the State of California, or other states with similar regulations will be automatically canceled and refunded. You may contact us with any questions regarding CARB or to verify whether or not a part has a CARB EO number.